Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Not too much today

I didn't really get much done today. I unpacked some boxes in the office to try and be able to fine all the important stuff such as bills and all. I pulled the Enron for a while shedding documents that I deemed not necessary. I like to shed all the credit card things that we get in the mail so when the bums go looking in the trash they don't find all the offers for a new platinum, gold plated, diamond encrusted, frequent flier mileage gathering hoopla of a Master card that has a low introductory rate of 0% and then after a year they start to rape you with high apr's, just so some bum could buy $200 shoes from thugs for life. Trust me it happened to me before, the pizza delivery guy ordered $2500 worth of stuff from timberland, thugs for life and various other fine establishments. Luckily, the Bank of America people were on the ball and stopped the payments before it became a mess. I mean I order from thugs for life all the time so I wouldn't have noticed the bill right away.
But anyways, I digress. I then went to Mom and Dads house to steal.....I mean borrow some tools. Then I started working on the dryer vent. The genius that lived here before us decided he didn't need a vent to the outside for the dryer so all the heat and lint and such went right into the basement. So It wasn't too bad. I just used the hole where the window used to be in one of the basement windows and made a small piece of board with a hole in it to accept the vent cover and the tubing. I painted it up some and as the paint was drying knocked out the rest of the window and old chalk. I then put the board up and re-chalked it. Its drying now and tomorrow I will put all the vent together. The heating and air guy came and we talked about some options. He is going to work up some stuff and let me know how much it is going to be. Of course it won't be all that simple cause I now need to get the electrical service increased also to accept the air units. So now I need to meet with the electrical guy to figure that one out too. But it will all get done eventually. Like the old joke says:
Everywhere is in walking distance if you have the time. (Steven Wright)

2 Comments:

At 1:18 AM, Blogger Aileen said...

GOD help you guys because it sounds like you have a lot of work to do with that house. However in my perspective, unclogging a drain is a lot of work.

Congrats though! :) I can't wait to come visit.

Oh, and PICTURES! Put up some pictures!!!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

We'll put up some pics soon once we get a chance. Sorry its taking so long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home