Thursday, March 09, 2006

Hang'n out in the basement

So I pretty much hung out in the basement today. I finished up the dryer vent. Of course to complete this job I had to go back to Lowes to get yet another section of flex tubing. I got some hose clamps and such and came home. Grace helped me mount the exit to the wood plate that I had made going to the outside and I started connecting all the tubes. All of the hose clamps had the screw type tightener to them, so I was using the screwdriver to tighten them up. I get to the last hose clamp that connects the hose to the dryer way up inside the machine. Well go figure that is the only hose clamp that doesn't have a screw slot in it. It is just a bolt. So lets do the math here (I think I have the numbers right). What size nut driver is larger than a 9/32 nut driver and smaller than a 11/32 nut driver? If you answered "My fingers" you are right. I couldn't find the right one to fit bolt and it wasn't metric. I didn't feel like taking the thing back apart to take out the clamp and have to mess with fitting that back on again so I tightened it with my fingers. Luckly it was easy enough to take care of and get the hose tight on there.
I then spent the rest of the day straightening up the basement. We got some free shelves from Grace's work so I rearranged everything to fit them up near the walls. As I was moving stuff around I would vacuum the floor to get up some of the accumulations of dust etc out of the basement. I also got rid of a lot of dark spider webs that seem to be all over. Some spiders will be homeless this spring. Please send money to the spider homeless shelter at my house to help support the need.
Speaking of donations I got a call from Charley today. He is buying a new lawnmower and is giving us his old one. It's more of a mower than we need, but its good and works well. He is just getting a new one and so he's getting rid of the old to make way. He also said that he's getting a new weed wacker soon so he'll give us that too. Sweet deal if you ask me. Kurt, my old LT, is donating 100' of 14 ga wire that was left over from when he rewired his garage. That will help with the wiring of the downstairs.
All in all it was a good day. Lots of stuff finished in the basement. So its good to go for right now. Next week we have off so lots of more work for the future.

2 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

OK your jokes are becoming pretty bad even for your standards.

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home