Sunday, March 12, 2006

Taming the jungle within

Today we started the day out by going to Home Depot. I got tired of going to Lowe's so we went to a different place. We got home and started to work on the yard again. I first took the tiller attachment on the weed wacker and tilled up this little area that Grace was going to plant some flowers. The tiller is small but it was perfect for this job. Grace started to work on planting and I went around back.
The back yard near the garage is nothing but a jungle of vines and more vines. The vines are so bad that they are killing the trees back there. I attached the chopping blade to the weed wacker and went to work. I started slowly at first trying to not kill any good plants. Soon it became apparent that everything would have to go so I just started chopping. I would stop and pull some of the vines out of the trees. They would just come and come and there didn't seem to be any end to them. I eventually ended up with a large pile on the ground of a mix of vines and dead limbs. The problem that started to arise was that the piles were getting bigger and there was no place to take them. Well it needs to come down so I'll just have to find another way to get rid of the stuff. I eventually got to a point where the vines were too high for me to reach with the weed wacker so I climbed onto the roof of the garage to go for the arial attack. I made sure to sound out the roof where ever I was walking to make sure I didn't hit a soft spot and take a quick ride to the ground floor. The problem is that everything is becoming a mesh weaving within one another. The branches and vines and such are growing within the brick on the garage. I cut back a fair amount but the limbs and all are starting to get too big. I think I need to go and borrow the chainsaw to surgically remove the cancerous growths to my brick garage.
Anyways I raked off the roof of the garage the best I could and started to clean everything off and put everything away. It's time to take the dog on a walk so we are going to head on out now.
Till tommorrow.
Chow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home