Friday, May 05, 2006

Title we don' need need no stinkin title

So......lately people thought we have died or something since we haven't done anything on the blog. Well in all honesty it's b/c I haven't had the time. In between of work and all I have been working on the house. The remainder is a summary of the stuff we have been doing:
Mud and cutting.
That is about it.
I have been mudding the wall and sanding it off. Mudding the wall and sanding it off. you see the problem is that it takes many layers to try to get it all nice and smooth. But.....there are a lot of ridges and valleys in our walls so it is taking many steps to get it right. I always seem to find a spot that I had missed before so I have to mud that up and then sand it flush with the rest of the wall. I think eventually our hallway will be about 2 feet wide with all the mud I am putting on it. But hey it will be smooth like a babies butt.
I worked outside some when it was nice too. I finally got all the roots off of the wall on the garage. We also had this funky looking tree in the back. It was kindof cool looking in a Joshua tree mixed with vines kindof way. Almost like a super big bonzi tree. Well I was cleaning out vines around the area and I was looking at the tree. Then I pushed against the tree. It moved too much to be a tree. You actually couldn't really see the tree b/c of all the vines growing around it which is some of its appeal. But I got to thinking. That is a weak tree, I said to myself. It looks cool but it may fall soon. So since I had called the city to do a bulk pickup of yard stuff I decided to cut the tree down. Well believe it or not there wasn't a tree there at all. Just 5 vines about 2" thick. I think what happened was that there used to be a tree there, but, the vines wrapped themselves around the tree and killed it. Then the tree eventually rotted out from under the vines but the vines lived. So they kept the shape of the original tree. All that actually was there was the vines. Pretty wacky. I will have to get a pic of it to show you. So I cut up the vine/tree and put it on the plie to be picked up. They came by and picked up the pile today which was pretty cool.
And thats about it. I logged in 43 overtime hours in the past 2 weeks and several LifeNet calls so thats all I have had time to do. I will get the pics up soon and let y'all see what has been going on.

1 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger Aileen said...

You're AAAALLLIIIIIIIVE!!! ALIVE!

Unlike that tree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home