Friday, April 14, 2006

Sorry

I haven't had the time to post on here lately but I have been doing some work. Mainly for the past 3 days I have been working on the yard since it was nice out. We have this little border right beside the back porch that we first took out the majority of the weeds, vines and other miscellaneous junk that was growing in there. We then dug down about 8" and tossed in some manure and loosened everything on up. We had gotten some free plants and bulbs from this lady at Graces work and we planted those in the border. We then mulched it on up to make it all nice. That all took a couple days b/c we both had several Lifenet calls during this time and I slept for a day to recover.
OH, I forgot to mention the battle that I had going on with the city garbage dept. In that border that we dug out we had some cinder blocks that were like some kind of ghetto edging. Well we took those out and threw them in the trash so the garbage men would take them away. Well they didn't pick up our trash when the trash pickup day came around. I called them up and let them know that they didn't pick up the trash. They said they would come back and pick it up again. Well they still never picked up the trash. So I called them again. They said that they don't pick up construction debris. Well I know that they pick up yard waste b/c I have researched this stuff before since I have been working on the yard and such and I told the lady "but, this is yard debris." I got them out of the yard. Well she told me since they were cinder blocks and they consider that construction debris and not yard debris. Blah blah blah. So I had to take all the blocks out of the garbage can. I asked the lady, "well do you pick it up for bulk pick up?" She said, "no" and that I would have to take it to the transfer station to get rid of it. I asked her how was I supposed to do that since all I have is a Honda Civic. She couldn't help me on that aspect so now I have a decorative column of cinder blocks in the back yard.
Anyways so today I was planning on mowing the yard. I trimmed it up some with the weed whacker and tried to get some more of the vines down off the fencing. I didn't know until now that the vines on the garage side have traveled all the way to the other side of the yard (approx 15') to the other fence and are the same vine that is growing in the opposite side fence. I found this out by basically grabbing one side on the fence and pulling the vine across the yard to the garage and cutting it off there. These things are non-stop. Well I didn't get all of them pulled up, but I did rake away a lot of the crabgrass and other non-grass stuff that is chocking out the grass in the back. I was going to mow the lawn, but the rain started to come so I threw down some more crabgrass killer so it would soak into the grass and that's about it. For the rest of the weekend and next several days I will be helping Jason get his stuff back from his evil ex and work tonight for a couple hours at the fire station for Danielle. I am then working for 48 hours at station 3 and then station 2 for overtime. So I won't be doing any more work on the house till Mon or so. I hope to plaster up everything soon so we can start painting in the hallway or work on the yard some more depending on how the weather is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home