Monday, March 27, 2006

Off the subject

So we decided tonight we wanted some cake. Grace wanted to try out this new thing that she found on her dieting website. You use pumpkin instead of any of the liquids for the recipe. You mix the pumpkin with the cake batter and cook.

Easy enough. Well. Our oven doesn't have the best control features to it. The temp controller is missing the numbers so anywhere under 500 F you kindof have to guess at, which is a fair amount of guessing. Well, we figured after about 30mins into that the temp was a little low so we cranked it up a notch b/c the whole thing was the consistency of jello. Well it pretty much finished baking and it tasted alright when we ate it. It was sortof like a chocolate pumpkin very moist cake.

Well, Grace went to go and put it in the fridge and all I heard was ........"Help me I'm melting."



Well that obviously wasn't a good sign. When I went in to look at the cake this is what I found:


I guess it was a little warm when the icing was put on. Well it's still edible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home